Ride a horse safely it requires a skilled trainer and a calm horse. The trainer is in charge of teaching you the correct way to get on, sit, hold, how to go forward, handle the reins, slow down and indicate speed to the horse.
Once you have learned this, here are the next 5 basic steps to ride the horse safely:
1. Get familiar with your horse: learning his name is part of guiding him.
2. Safety first: wear a helmet, vest, boots, and check the saddle and harness, so that you and the horse are comfortable.
3. Ride in the company of another experienced rider.
4. If you ride in a group: keep a minimum distance of one horse’s length.
5. Always ride attentively: listen to your horse and keep your eyes on the road.
The most important thing in this experience is to follow the instructor’s advice, always use protective equipment and be in the company of a more experienced rider, who will know how to guide you or help you in case of an emergency situation. And last but not least, enjoy horse riding outdoors!