The horse’s well-being can be defined in terms of liberties. Those types of liberties form a framework of analysis of the horse well-being in any environment or system. 5 fondamentals liberties exists that we should all aply:
- Free from hunger, thirst and malnutrition (as for example having a horse in its right weight and with all its nutritional needs.)
- Free from fears and anxiety, in anyway posible and that we can avoid it.
- Free from any fisical or thermal discomfort, as for example to live in a hot place without shade or shelter.
- Free from any pain, injurie or illness, due to precaution, diagnosis and an eficaz and on time treatment.
- Free from expressing normal self behaviour, such as living in large places and in company of others animals in the specie.
Those are the 5 liberties, of those depend our determination, dedication and will si that we have a healthy and well tempered horses.